Card fraud is increasing and at MFCU we have a 24/7 fraud monitoring system in place to help protect your card information. It is also very important that our members take steps to protect themselves from fraud.
Ways to protect yourself from Debit Card Fraud:
- Do not shop on unsecure websites. Make sure you verify the website is legitimate before entering your card number.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi for financial transactions.
- Shred any unwanted documents containing your card information.
- Make sure your contact information is current, so you can be contacted right away about potential fraud on your account.
- Monitor your accounts on a regular basis.
- Contact us right away if you lose your card by calling 231-722-7285 or after hours call 1-800-754-4128.
Did you know that you can lock your card right from your phone?
Download the Muskegon Federal Credit Union App and go to “Manage My Cards” to Lock your card when it is not in use. When you are ready to use your card, simply login and Unlock your card.
You can also set up alerts to notify you when a transaction occurs.